Popular Posts

Friday 30 June 2017

CB&I bags EPC contract for DuPont’s ethane cracking project

THE WOODLANDS, US: Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV (CBI) has been awarded a contract by DuPont to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for an ethane cracking furnace expansion project at DuPont's  Sabine River Works ethylene plant in Orange, Texas.
The contract is valued at approximately $40 million.
The new cracking furnace will have an ethylene capacity of 200 million pounds per year. The facility will utilise CB&I's SRT (short residence time) pyrolysis heater technology. CB&I was previously awarded a contract for the ethylene technology license, engineering and supply of the new furnace, which was fabricated at CB&I's facility in Thailand.
"This award adds to CB&I's winning streak of ethylene projects on the US Gulf Coast. CB&I's ability to deliver a single-source supply of every phase of this project – from concept to mechanical completion – provides DuPont with a cost-effective, low-risk solution as they expand their ethylene copolymers capacity to meet market demand," said Luke Scorsone, executive vice president of CB&I's fabrication services operating group.
© Worldofchemicals News
Read More: CB&I bags EPC contract for DuPont’s ethane cracking project

No comments:

Post a Comment